This three-day training class provides AEGIS member company employees with both classroom and hands-on instruction on the various types of fire protection systems and equipment associated with power generation and natural gas midstream operations. In addition to traditional classroom instruction and practical exercises, attendees will participate in the hands-on training sessions to gain familiarity with the fire protection systems and equipment that’s typically used in the power generation and natural gas midstream operations. This training provides knowledge for personnel who have responsibilities to self-perform or who manage contractors performing inspection, test or maintenance of fire protection systems and equipment for property loss control at power and natural gas facilities.
The following topics are covered:
· Power generation and natural gas midstream operations fire hazards
· Fire pumps / water supplies overview and testing
· Fire alarm and detection systems overview and testing
· Water-based extinguishing systems overview and testing
· Alternative extinguishing systems (i.e., CO2, FM200, etc.) overview and testing