AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Machinery Loss Control Professional to develop and implement the company’s machinery loss control programs in order to support the Underwriting division and propose methods to mitigate the frequency and severity of losses to Insureds and AEGIS.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform, coordinate and implement loss control services, including on-site assessments, for Insureds.
- Evaluate the generating facility’s operations and make risk reduction suggestions on loss control programs to assist Insureds to mitigate the frequency and severity of incurred losses.
- Participate in the development of AEGIS loss control products and services that can benefit the Insureds loss control efforts.
- Assist the Underwriting division in marketing AEGIS’ property insurance product
- Participate in industry associations to stay abreast of technical changes and developments.
- Identification and documentation of near misses for lessons learned and to capture potential avoided losses.
- Establish credibility as a Senior Machinery Loss Control Professional, who has a thorough knowledge of electric generation processing operations.
- Influence Insureds to adopt and integrate loss control and/or risk management principles in day-to-day operating practices.
- Become proficient in technical areas where current expertise is limited.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (area of study in electrical or mechanical desired), science or loss control discipline, or the equivalent work and/or military experience
- In-depth knowledge of machinery loss control principles, policies and practices evidenced by a minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible experience associated with the electric power generating industry.
- Experience working independently with limited guidance and/or leading people/initiatives through influence rather than as a direct report are a plus
- Professional Engineer (PE) a plus.
- Working knowledge of industry recognized standards pertaining to machinery breakdown (i.e., ASME, IEEE, NFPA, etc.) and associated loss control principles and practices for the electric power generating industry.
- Working knowledge of major equipment related to the electric power generating industry i.e., steam turbines, generators, transformers, combustion turbines, boilers, and ancillary equipment.
- Working knowledge with renewable power generation types, sizes and components desired.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to convey model practices of the industry to Insureds.
- Travel required (approximately 50 to 60%).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Achievement-Oriented: Demonstrates persistence and perseverance in achieving concrete and tangible outcomes by taking action to get optimum results when encountering obstacles or resistance
- Collaborative: Develops and maintains effective working relationships across functional and divisional lines by readily sharing information, knowledge, and resources
- Detail-Oriented: Displays thoroughness and accuracy in quality communications and deliverables through the application of technical skills and industry/product knowledge
- Service-Oriented: Conveys a genuine desire and ability to anticipate and meet customer needs and creates and nurtures mutually beneficial relationships within AEGIS and with AEGIS Members and brokers
- Work Ethic: Takes ownership for one’s responsibilities by acting with integrity and holding oneself accountable to continuous improvement
AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc. participates in E-Verify
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We expect to pay a starting salary between $107,000 and $171,000. An applicant’s placement within this range is based on their individual qualifications and professional experience. In addition to base salary, AEGIS Services employees are eligible to participate in the Company’s annual incentive program, with competitive awards based on corporate and individual performance.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Subsidized health plans for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee assistance plan
- New hires are offered 15 paid vacation days (pro-rated based on start date), 7 paid sick days, 12 designated paid holidays and 2 paid floating holidays
- Variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs
- Educational assistance and learning opportunities
- Wellness benefits including an onsite health & fitness center
- 401(k) Retirement Plan