AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Loss Control Account Professional to provide account reviews and support for the Company’s property underwriters. Account reviews cover fire protection, major equipment, operating conditions and maintenance programs at Insured’s/prospect electric, natural gas, and water facilities. The information is to identify and quantify the hazards and the projected severity of the risk.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform Account Review related services (i.e. reviewing engineering reports, reviewing loss history, etc.) related to documentation received for new submissions and renewals as requested by the Property Underwriting Division.
- Develop and provide Probable Maximum Loss (PML) and Maximum Foreseeable Loss (MFL) worksheets for all new submissions and renewals as requested by the Property Underwriting Division.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to Underwriting related to major equipment and property loss exposures related to electric, natural gas, and water utilities.
- Review Natural Catastrophe exposures (i.e., earthquake, flood, and windstorm for the Insured’s facilities) utilizing Risk Meter, Google Earth, FEMA website, etc.
- Perform Underwriting Surveys / Risk Assessments at Insured’s facilities to provide technical information related to equipment exposures, operational and maintenance practices, preventive maintenance practices, fire protection related exposures, etc. as requested by Underwriting.
- Make recommendations for Risk Assessment when insufficient information is provided with the submission.
- Attend Insureds / Broker meetings as requested.
- Ability to attend the AEGIS Policyholder’s Conference to provide support for the Property Underwriting Division during scheduled Insureds meetings.
- Participate in industry associations to stay abreast of technical changes and developments.
- Interface with the Property & Machinery loss control staff to gain a better understanding of operating conditions, maintenance practices and equipment issues and recent failures at specific facilities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date Account related information in AEGIS databases.
- Provide Underwriting with timely and accurate account review reports and PML/MFL worksheets for new submissions and renewals as requested
- Provide or assist in the development of technical related documents and support to the Loss Control Division, Underwriting, and Claims.
- Represent AEGIS in a professional manner when meeting with Insureds and brokers.
- Become proficient in technical areas where current expertise is limited.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (area of study in electrical or mechanical desired) or loss control discipline
- In-depth knowledge of boiler and machinery loss control principles, policies and practices evidenced by a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in risk management or loss control discipline associated with the power and/or utility industry
- Experience working independently with limited guidance and/or leading people/initiatives through influence rather than as a direct report is a plus.
- A professional certification such as Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS), engineering or related electric power industry field desired. A Professional Engineer (PE) designation is a plus.
- Applied knowledge of the ASME, IEEE, and NFPA codes & standards
- Applied knowledge of fire protection principles and associated loss control principles and practices for the electric power generating industry
- Working knowledge of the Insurance industry desired
- Travel required (approximately 25 to 50%)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Achievement-Oriented: Demonstrates persistence and perseverance in achieving concrete and tangible outcomes by taking action to get optimum results when encountering obstacles or resistance
- Collaborative: Develops and maintains effective working relationships across functional and divisional lines by readily sharing information, knowledge, and resources
- Detail-Oriented: Displays thoroughness and accuracy in quality communications and deliverables through the application of technical skills and industry/product knowledge
- Service-Oriented: Conveys a genuine desire and ability to anticipate and meet customer needs and creates and nurtures mutually beneficial relationships within AEGIS and with AEGIS Members and brokers
- Work Ethic: Takes ownership for one’s responsibilities by acting with integrity and holding oneself accountable to continuous improvement
AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc. participates in E-Verify
Apply to: email@example.com
We expect to pay a starting salary between $107,000 and $171,000. An applicant’s placement within this range is based on their individual qualifications and professional experience. In addition to base salary, AEGIS Services employees are eligible to participate in the Company’s annual incentive program, with competitive awards based on corporate and individual performance.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Subsidized health plans for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee assistance plan
- New hires are offered 15 paid vacation days (pro-rated based on start date), 7 paid sick days, 12 designated paid holidays and 2 paid floating holidays
- Variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs
- Educational assistance and learning opportunities
- Wellness benefits including an onsite health & fitness center
- 401(k) Retirement Plan