This two-day training course provides AEGIS members with both classroom and hands-on instruction on the various types of fire protection systems associated with electric generating stations. In addition to traditional classroom instruction and practical exercises, everyone operates the equipment to gain familiarity with systems found in most facilities. Participants usually get wet while taking pitot readings and greasy while resetting valves. The following sessions are included:
- Water supplies
- Fire pumps / controllers
- Wet pipe sprinklers
- Dry pipe sprinklers
- Deluge / preaction sprinklers
- Water mist systems
- Detection & actuation systems
- Alarm systems
The registration fee for the two-day training course is $100 for employees of AEGIS member companies. You will be sent an invoice after your participation in the course. Two lunches will be provided; however attendees are responsible for their own travel and accommodations. Attendance is limited to 30 people, so do not delay in registering. The course received overwhelmingly positive feedback last year:
- "From the class I learned about a half dozen items that will help me when I return to work. This course has helped me fill an identified knowledge gap. The course material, lab equipment, and instructors were well-organized and professional."
- "The best training I've had in 38 years!"
- "It was a pleasure to attend this two-day class. It was very informational."