AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Engineer to provide information to the Property Underwriters pertaining to the operating conditions and maintenance programs at Insureds Company electric, natural gas, and water facilities. The information is to contain, where appropriate, the potential for risks (natural and/or operational) and the projected severity of the risk.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably electrical or mechanical), or loss control discipline or the equivalent work experience (8 or more years in risk management and/or loss control discipline). A professional certification in fire protection (CFPS), engineering or related electric power industry field is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of boiler and machinery loss control principles, policies and practices evidenced by 8-10 years of progressively more responsible experience associated with the electric power generating industry.
- Familiarity with fire protection principles and associated loss control principles and practices for the electric power generating industry.
- Knowledge of the ASME and IEEE codes and standards, industry related standards, and the National Fire Protection Association codes & standards.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in various applications including, but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to sort through and summarize detailed technical reports.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform Account Review related services, i.e. reviewing engineering reports, reviewing loss history, support insureds/broker meetings etc. related to documentation received for new submissions and renewals as requested by the Property Underwriting Division.
Develop and provide Probable Maximum Loss (PML) and Maximum Foreseeable Loss (MFL) worksheets for all new submissions and renewals as requested by the Property Underwriting Division.
Provide technical assistance and guidance to Underwriting related to combustion turbine technology, major equipment exposures, loss exposures, etc. related to electric, natural gas, and water utilities.
Review Natural Catastrophe exposures, i.e., earthquake, flood, and windstorm for Insureds facilities utilizing Risk Meter, Google Earth, FEMA website, etc.
Perform Underwriting Surveys / Risk Assessments at Insureds facilities to provide technical information related to equipment exposures, operational and maintenance practices, preventive maintenance practices, fire protection related exposures, etc. as requested by Underwriting.
Suggest an Underwriting Survey / Risk Assessments to the Property Underwriting Division when insufficient information is provided with the submission.
Interface with the Property & Machinery loss control staff to gain a better understanding of operating conditions, maintenance practices and equipment issues and recent failures at specific facilities and maintain up-to-date information on internal data storage locations.
Provide technical related documents and support to the Property and Machinery management and staff, Underwriting, and Claims, pertaining to engineering information on major exposures, equipment technology, etc. for distribution to the Loss Control Property Operations staff.
AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc. participates in E-Verify