Short of an actual emergency event, testing or “exercising” emergency response capabilities is the only way a company can determine whether personnel are capable of effectively responding to an emergency.
This program is designed to assist gas operators in planning and implementing emergency exercises. It consists of a video that documents an actual exercise along with a step-by-step guide that includes:
- Planning and conducting an initial exercise
- Improving the methodologies of existing programs
- Testing the organization’s emergency response and management capabilities
- Testing the response actions of external organizations
- Determining the company’s emergency preparedness
- Creating annual exercise scenarios built on the lessons learned from previous exercises
- Improving the skills of employees who are directly and indirectly involved in emergency response
- Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of emergency response procedures before a “real” event occurs
The Element of the Unknown Lessons learned from the construction and execution of an emergency response drill simulating a cut to a town's major feed line.
United Cities Gas Company
Lessons learned from the construction and execution of an emergency response drill simulating a cut to a town's major feed line.
For more information, please contact:
Scot Macomber, Manager, Utility Operations